Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fuel System - Please don't make me have to synchronize carburetors...

For fuel, I decided on a 2-into-1 intake system from Joe WiseGuy and a Mikuni VM36.  It's ceramic chrome and looks pretty nice.  I upgraded his carburetor clamps to something a little more substantial, since there's not much else holding it on (and, it's a bit heavy).  A fuel filter and some lines and it's just about done. 

I didn't like the pink vent and drain lines, so I went with clear and ran a solid (heat protected) drain line down and out the bottom of the frame.

1 comment:

  1. Is there enough support for the carb? Do you think it could crack with vibration over time? Is it comfy with the mid-controls? Can you provide any more close up pix, especially your vent line mods?

    i just rescued an XS and have started scheming about my build. Love yours.
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete