Tuesday, January 10, 2012

After a TON of welding and grinding, it's starting to take shape

I fabricated a jig to hold the frame in-place before I started cutting off the rear supports and suspension.  The last thing I needed was to get it completed and find that the motor mounts were just far enough off that the engine didn't slide back in without issues. 

With the new hardtail installed, I can finally start to see how it may look completed in regards to it's stance.  I took the frame to a local welding shop and had all of my welds re-inforced.  So, I shouldn't have to worry about it coming apart on me at high-speed(fingers crossed).

I removed all of the tabs that weren't expected to be used and smoothed out many of the factory welds.  I also added mounts to where I expect the foot pegs to mount. 

I'm hoping that this was the hardest part...

No comments:

Post a Comment