Monday, January 9, 2012

So, here's where it began - Just an old bike

I picked up this 1979 Yamaha XS650 from a local motorcycle repair shop in the Summer of 2010.  It had been sitting for about 20 years in dry storage.  It seems the shop went through it and got it running good once again.  But, the owner of the bike decided that he didn't have the funds to pay for the work, now completed.   So, it sat in the back of this shop for another two years before they decided to put it on Craig's List to get rid of it.  That's where I came in...

Less than $1000.00 later, I'm the proud new owner of an old bike with less than 6,000 original miles on the odometer.  Though I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do with it, I had no idea how large of an effort (or how much fun) I had just signed up for...

No comments:

Post a Comment